Man accused of threatening resident while cutting through screen door
DERRICK PERKINS | Hagadone News Network | UPDATED 2 years, 11 months AGO
NEWS EDITOR Derrick Perkins serves as News Editor at the Daily Inter Lake. He oversees daily news coverage and works closely with reporters to plan, edit and publish stories across print and digital platforms. Perkins helps coordinate coverage of local government, public safety, business and community developments throughout Northwest Montana. He works with the reporting staff to strengthen journalism while maintaining consistent daily coverage. His role helps ensure the newsroom delivers timely, accurate reporting that readers rely on. IMPACT: Derrick’s work keeps readers informed about the decisions and events shaping their communities every day. | August 30, 2023 12:00 AM
A 32-year-old man who allegedly threatened a Kalispell resident while cutting through her screen door with a knife on Sunday faces a felony charge in Flathead County District Court.
Michael Allen Bacon is expected to appear before Judge Amy Eddy on Sept. 14 for his arraignment on a single count of assault with a weapon. He remains in the county jail with bail set at $50,000.
Bacon allegedly told an East Reserve Street resident she “better watch her back” while slicing through the screen door Aug. 27. The victim instead called authorities and deputies with the Flathead County Sheriff’s Office responded to the neighborhood about 6:14 a.m., according to court documents.
She told arriving deputies she suspected Allen was using drugs at the time, court documents said.
Deputies found Bacon near a trailer park not far from U.S. 93 and allegedly recovered a knife matching the weapon described by the victim.
Bacon has had past run-ins with the law, according to documents filed in district court. In 2011, he pleaded guilty in a felony theft case. In 2013, he pleaded guilty to felony driving under the influence, fourth or subsequent offense. He saw felony theft and drug possession cases brought against him earlier this year, though both cases were ultimately dismissed by the court.
If convicted of the most recent charge, Bacon faces up to 20 years in Montana State Prison and a $50,000 fine.
News Editor Derrick Perkins can be reached at 758-4430 or [email protected].
ARTICLES BY DERRICK PERKINS
Motorist accused of hitting flagger in Whitefish construction zone
A Whitefish motorist suspected of running over the foot of a construction zone flagger in June is now up on a felony charge.
Suspect charged in brutal assault near Glacier Park International Airport last year
stry
Serio given 100-year sentence for killing a man with his car in 2025
Convicted murderer Jeffrey Scott Serio received a 100-year prison sentence Wednesday for intentionally running over and killing a Flathead Valley man in the summer of 2025.