Sunday, November 30, 2025
14.0°F

Marion man who prompted SWAT response now facing felony charge

DERRICK PERKINS | Hagadone News Network | UPDATED 2 years, 4 months AGO
by DERRICK PERKINS
Daily Inter Lake | July 19, 2023 12:00 AM

A Marion man faces an assault with a weapon charge after allegedly pulling a handgun on two men earlier this month.

Authorities are holding Christopher Martin Klett, 46, in the county jail with bail set at $100,000 following his arrest after the July 8 confrontation on Lower Lost Prairie Road. He is scheduled to appear before Judge Danni Coffman in Flathead County District Court on July 20 for his arraignment on the felony charge.

Authorities responded to the Lower Lost Prairie Road area after two men reported Klett for displaying a handgun, according to court documents.

One victim told investigators that a drunken Klett pulled the gun out during an argument, court documents said. While Klett never aimed the gun at him, the victim said he spun the weapon on his finger to intimidate him, according to court documents.

The other victim recounted Klett coming up the road toward with the gun aimed at him, court documents said. When Klett put the gun into his pocket, the man grabbed and hit him, eventually seizing the gun. After taking the firearm, the victim retreated to a nearby home and phoned authorities.

Though responding Flathead County Sheriff’s Office deputies found Klett at his home, the 46-year-old allegedly refused to come out. Klett surrendered to authorities after the arrival of SWAT, court documents said.

If convicted, Klett faces up to 20 years behind bars and a $50,000 fine.

News Editor Derrick Perkins can be reached at 758-4430 or dperkins@dailyinterlake.com.

ARTICLES BY DERRICK PERKINS

November 26, 2025 5:50 a.m.

Mother of child now faces charges in child pornography case in district court

A Martin City mother allegedly looked the other way as a neighbor sexually abused one of the children under her care, prosecutors say.

November 24, 2025 11 p.m.

Woman caught in home brought up on burglary charge

Carrie Joanne Anderson, 50, is expected to appear before Judge Amy Eddy on Dec. 11 for her arraignment on the felony count.

Mother knew about child’s sexual abuse at hands of neighbor, court docs say
November 22, 2025 11 p.m.

Mother knew about child’s sexual abuse at hands of neighbor, court docs say

A Martin City mother looked the other way as a neighbor sexually abused one of the children under her care, prosecutors say.