Marion man who prompted SWAT response now facing felony charge
DERRICK PERKINS | Hagadone News Network | UPDATED 3 years, 1 month AGO
NEWS EDITOR Derrick Perkins serves as News Editor at the Daily Inter Lake. He oversees daily news coverage and works closely with reporters to plan, edit and publish stories across print and digital platforms. Perkins helps coordinate coverage of local government, public safety, business and community developments throughout Northwest Montana. He works with the reporting staff to strengthen journalism while maintaining consistent daily coverage. His role helps ensure the newsroom delivers timely, accurate reporting that readers rely on. IMPACT: Derrick’s work keeps readers informed about the decisions and events shaping their communities every day. | July 19, 2023 12:00 AM
A Marion man faces an assault with a weapon charge after allegedly pulling a handgun on two men earlier this month.
Authorities are holding Christopher Martin Klett, 46, in the county jail with bail set at $100,000 following his arrest after the July 8 confrontation on Lower Lost Prairie Road. He is scheduled to appear before Judge Danni Coffman in Flathead County District Court on July 20 for his arraignment on the felony charge.
Authorities responded to the Lower Lost Prairie Road area after two men reported Klett for displaying a handgun, according to court documents.
One victim told investigators that a drunken Klett pulled the gun out during an argument, court documents said. While Klett never aimed the gun at him, the victim said he spun the weapon on his finger to intimidate him, according to court documents.
The other victim recounted Klett coming up the road toward with the gun aimed at him, court documents said. When Klett put the gun into his pocket, the man grabbed and hit him, eventually seizing the gun. After taking the firearm, the victim retreated to a nearby home and phoned authorities.
Though responding Flathead County Sheriff’s Office deputies found Klett at his home, the 46-year-old allegedly refused to come out. Klett surrendered to authorities after the arrival of SWAT, court documents said.
If convicted, Klett faces up to 20 years behind bars and a $50,000 fine.
News Editor Derrick Perkins can be reached at 758-4430 or [email protected].
ARTICLES BY DERRICK PERKINS
Motorist accused of hitting flagger in Whitefish construction zone
A Whitefish motorist suspected of running over the foot of a construction zone flagger in June is now up on a felony charge.
Suspect charged in brutal assault near Glacier Park International Airport last year
stry
Serio given 100-year sentence for killing a man with his car in 2025
Convicted murderer Jeffrey Scott Serio received a 100-year prison sentence Wednesday for intentionally running over and killing a Flathead Valley man in the summer of 2025.