Health officials investigate possible cluster of COVID-19 cases
DERRICK PERKINS | Hagadone News Network | UPDATED 6 years, 1 month AGO
NEWS EDITOR Derrick Perkins serves as News Editor at the Daily Inter Lake. He oversees daily news coverage and works closely with reporters to plan, edit and publish stories across print and digital platforms. Perkins helps coordinate coverage of local government, public safety, business and community developments throughout Northwest Montana. He works with the reporting staff to strengthen journalism while maintaining consistent daily coverage. His role helps ensure the newsroom delivers timely, accurate reporting that readers rely on. IMPACT: Derrick’s work keeps readers informed about the decisions and events shaping their communities every day. | July 8, 2020 8:58 PM
Health authorities are investigating a possible cluster of COVID-19 cases in the Libby area.
Officials announced the probe during the regularly scheduled meeting of the Lincoln County Health Board on July 8. The investigation was launched after testing revealed two new cases of COVID-19 in the county, said Public Health Manager Jennifer McCully.
That brings the number of active cases in the county to four.
A press release issued as McCully briefed board members described the patients as both men, one in his 30s, the other in his 40s.
Officials planned to make more information about the potential cluster public as it became available, McCully told the board.
"We are chasing the disease," McCully said.
Officials recommended that residents remain vigilant regarding the coronavirus. Authorities urged those vulnerable to COVID-19 to continue to stay home.
Everyone else ought to social distance from people not in their household and wear a face mask when in situations where social distancing is difficult or impossible, officials said. Residents should continue washing their hands, using hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable. Anyone feeling sick should stay home.
Authorities are performing contact tracing in regards to the latest cases. All direct contacts to the two patients should have received a phone call from health department staff, according to the press release.
Anyone with questions regarding COVID-19 should call the county hotline at 406-293-6295.
ARTICLES BY DERRICK PERKINS
Motorist accused of hitting flagger in Whitefish construction zone
A Whitefish motorist suspected of running over the foot of a construction zone flagger in June is now up on a felony charge.
Suspect charged in brutal assault near Glacier Park International Airport last year
stry
Serio given 100-year sentence for killing a man with his car in 2025
Convicted murderer Jeffrey Scott Serio received a 100-year prison sentence Wednesday for intentionally running over and killing a Flathead Valley man in the summer of 2025.