Third COVID-19 case confirmed in Lincoln County
DERRICK PERKINS | Hagadone News Network | UPDATED 6 years, 4 months AGO
NEWS EDITOR Derrick Perkins serves as News Editor at the Daily Inter Lake. He oversees daily news coverage and works closely with reporters to plan, edit and publish stories across print and digital platforms. Perkins helps coordinate coverage of local government, public safety, business and community developments throughout Northwest Montana. He works with the reporting staff to strengthen journalism while maintaining consistent daily coverage. His role helps ensure the newsroom delivers timely, accurate reporting that readers rely on. IMPACT: Derrick’s work keeps readers informed about the decisions and events shaping their communities every day. | March 27, 2020 2:14 PM
Local health officials announced a third case of COVID-19 in Lincoln County, but said all three were related and stemmed from out-of-state exposure to the illness.
In a statement announcing the third positive case, officials said the trio of patients had limited contact with residents locally. People who have come into direct contact with the three had been notified, officials said.
“Please remember, if you have not received a call from the Health Department regarding contact with a case, you are not a considered a direct contact,” officials wrote in the statement.
One of those patients, 77-year-old Jim Tomlin, died March 26 after succumbing to the disease, his family told The Western News.
Officials are still waiting on lab results from 37 COVID-19 tests as of noon on March 27.
Residents with questions about COVID-19 are encouraged to call the county’s information hotline at 406-293-6295.
ARTICLES BY DERRICK PERKINS
Motorist accused of hitting flagger in Whitefish construction zone
A Whitefish motorist suspected of running over the foot of a construction zone flagger in June is now up on a felony charge.
Suspect charged in brutal assault near Glacier Park International Airport last year
stry
Serio given 100-year sentence for killing a man with his car in 2025
Convicted murderer Jeffrey Scott Serio received a 100-year prison sentence Wednesday for intentionally running over and killing a Flathead Valley man in the summer of 2025.