Police: Juvenile in custody in connection with Kalispell shooting
DERRICK PERKINS | Hagadone News Network | UPDATED 3 years, 4 months AGO
NEWS EDITOR Derrick Perkins serves as News Editor at the Daily Inter Lake. He oversees daily news coverage and works closely with reporters to plan, edit and publish stories across print and digital platforms. Perkins helps coordinate coverage of local government, public safety, business and community developments throughout Northwest Montana. He works with the reporting staff to strengthen journalism while maintaining consistent daily coverage. His role helps ensure the newsroom delivers timely, accurate reporting that readers rely on. IMPACT: Derrick’s work keeps readers informed about the decisions and events shaping their communities every day. | April 11, 2023 10:35 AM
Authorities say a suspect in Monday morning’s alleged shooting in Kalispell is in custody and is being held at the Missoula County Juvenile Detention Facility.
Kalispell Police officers initially responded to a report of an assault with a weapon in the southwest section of the city on April 10, officials said in a press release. As they arrived, they learned that a gun had been fired, authorities said.
Upon securing the scene, officers found one individual suffering from a gunshot wound. Taken to an area hospital for treatment, that person is now in stable condition, officials said.
Authorities are not releasing the name of the minor taken into custody. The teenager, a resident of Kalispell, is being held for assault with a weapon.
The shooting remains under investigation. Officials urged anyone with information regarding the incident to contact Capt. Ryan Bartholomew at (406) 758-7793.
ARTICLES BY DERRICK PERKINS
Motorist accused of hitting flagger in Whitefish construction zone
A Whitefish motorist suspected of running over the foot of a construction zone flagger in June is now up on a felony charge.
Suspect charged in brutal assault near Glacier Park International Airport last year
stry
Serio given 100-year sentence for killing a man with his car in 2025
Convicted murderer Jeffrey Scott Serio received a 100-year prison sentence Wednesday for intentionally running over and killing a Flathead Valley man in the summer of 2025.