Friday, August 21, 2026
87.0°F

Marion man allegedly sent lewd photos to underage girls

DERRICK PERKINS | Hagadone News Network | UPDATED 8 months, 3 weeks AGO
by DERRICK PERKINS
NEWS EDITOR Derrick Perkins serves as News Editor at the Daily Inter Lake. He oversees daily news coverage and works closely with reporters to plan, edit and publish stories across print and digital platforms. Perkins helps coordinate coverage of local government, public safety, business and community developments throughout Northwest Montana. He works with the reporting staff to strengthen journalism while maintaining consistent daily coverage. His role helps ensure the newsroom delivers timely, accurate reporting that readers rely on. IMPACT: Derrick’s work keeps readers informed about the decisions and events shaping their communities every day. | December 1, 2025 11:00 PM

A 53-year-old Marion man is facing a felony case for allegedly texting two teenage girls a photo of his genitals last year.  

Prosecutors charged Jeffrey Allen Miller with two counts of felony indecent exposure in Flathead County District Court for the text messages, which allegedly were sent in August and October 2024. He is expected to appear before Judge Amy Eddy on Dec. 11 for arraignment.  

Flathead County Sheriff's Office deputies began investigating Miller after a then 15-year-old reported receiving a photo of his genitals on Aug. 28, 2024, according to court documents. Miller allegedly sent her a second text, this one apologetic, describing the photo as being sent accidentally.  

But the victim received another text containing the same image a few hours later, court documents said. 

Another victim, a then 13-year-old, reported receiving a text message image of Miller's genitals on Oct. 17, according to court documents. When she objected to receiving the photograph to Miller, he apologized and described it as a mistake, court documents said.  

During a subsequent interview with investigators, Miller acknowledged sending the image, but maintained it was an accident in both cases, court documents alleged.  

Owing to the age of the victims, Miller faces between four and 100 years in Montana State Prison and a maximum fine of $50,000 for felony indecent exposure.  



MILLER PLEADED not guilty in district court earlier this year to a felony assault with a weapon charge in a separate case.

Prosecutors alleged that a gun-wielding Miller confronted a motorist on Newlin Drive about 9:13 p.m., June 15. The victim told deputies that Miller hollered an expletive at him and recounted speeding off when he heard what sounded like a gunshot, according to court documents.  

Deputies spotted what looked like damage from a bullet to one of the wheels of the victim's truck. They also saw what appeared to be a bullet fragment lodged in the center of the wheel.  

When deputies spoke with Miller, he allegedly acknowledged confronting a motorist, but accused the victim of shoving a black pistol in his face.  

Investigators described finding no gun in the victim's truck.  

Miller was arraigned before Judge Dan Wilson on July 10. He is expected back in court on March 10 for a pretrial conference.  

If convicted of felony assault with a weapon, Miller faces up to 20 years in Montana State Prison and a $50,000 fine. 

News Editor Derrick Perkins can be reached at 758-4430 or [email protected]

ARTICLES BY DERRICK PERKINS

August 14, 2026 9 a.m.

Motorist accused of hitting flagger in Whitefish construction zone

A Whitefish motorist suspected of running over the foot of a construction zone flagger in June is now up on a felony charge.

Serio given 100-year sentence for killing a man with his car in 2025
August 12, 2026 2 p.m.

Serio given 100-year sentence for killing a man with his car in 2025

Convicted murderer Jeffrey Scott Serio received a 100-year prison sentence Wednesday for intentionally running over and killing a Flathead Valley man in the summer of 2025.